October to November, November to December...let's see, it has been four months!?!?!




I've waited too long between posts to remember too many of the details of this never ending winter, but that's okay because one of the things that I am most proud of with regards to my parenting capabilities is that of being able to live in the moment and truly enjoy my time with my kids. It's not about posing for the perfect picture to prove to everyone that we have baked cookies and kicked a soccer ball around, rather, it's about laughing and singing and having dance parties in the family room, even if we are the only ones who know about it.

If I think back four months ago to Halloween and juxtapose it with what I think of you kids right now, you have both grown so much it amazes me. You are taller and stronger, yes, but also just so much more 'adult'.

Alex, you now know how to do everything from read time (and know when you may NOT come into my room because it is TOO early), to get your own breakfast, get yourself dressed and ready for school. Oh and school! I am so proud of you for learning how to read and write and add and subtract and everything that you should be learning in kindergarten. You have begun to form new friendships and I can't wait to see how life continues to unfold for you.

Avery, my little talker. Your brain decided to let everything you have been collecting on the inside for the past year come on out. You are communicating wonderfully (if a little bit too forcefully at times). Yes, you continue to show us that independent personality of yours. Sometimes it angers me, but most of the time it just makes me laugh at how much you are like your daddy.

Please don't grow up too fast. I love that you are both my wonderful little kids that depend on me.

Happy Purim!
Love,
Mommy




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

525,600 minutes...How do you measure....

Happy Re-Birthday

If I write only once each quarter, does it count as a blog?