Youer than you

Dear Alex

You are 13, almost 14. This evening you almost broke things in your room and were having a teenager tantrum while doing homework. When I came up to investigate, you were nearly in tears because you couldn’t get a background track to exactly line up with the vocals that you had recorded for a science rap.

I pointed out to you that most human beings would neither notice nor care, given that the grade one would be given would be based on an understanding of the science material.

I also pointed out that when it came to homework that you were perhaps the furthest thing from a perfectionist.

The fact of the matter is that you cannot fight who you are. You are a musician.

#alexisarockstar #perfectrhythmperfectpitch

As I continue to live through the frustrating times of your organizational growth, I am happy to have something positive to write.

Love,
Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

525,600 minutes...How do you measure....

If I write only once each quarter, does it count as a blog?

Happy Re-Birthday