Emotionally Aware

People, no actually, professionals, like teachers and other smart people often tell me that I have kids that are 'emotionally aware'. This is especially true of Alex who will tell you when he is only 'starting' to feel angry or sad or gleeful or whatever other emotions he regularly experiences.

But it goes beyond his own self awareness. Recently, I was driving somewhere with Alex and Avery and for some reason I was furious with him (my anger must have been uber important given that I have no recollection as to what was making me angry at the time.). When I get this angry with him, I don't yell, I just bait him and pick at him and perhaps even over analyze the behavior of his which has incited my fury.

On this particular occassion, Alex says, "I'm just being quiet". I pause in my nasty tirade to ask, "What?" and his response is "I've learned when you are really angry like this that it's just best for me to not talk and to be quiet"

Seriously, that kid isn't just 'emotionally aware,' he is an emotional genius!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

525,600 minutes...How do you measure....

If I write only once each quarter, does it count as a blog?

Happy Re-Birthday