When you don't follow your dreams

Hey kiddos,


It's your work-from-home mommy here.  I'm taking a break from reading up on environmental sustainability for work.  


As I take a deep breath, bleary eyed from staring at a computer screen all day, I wanted to tell you that even if you still want to be a princess-fairy-ballerina when you grow up, but find yourself instead tap-tap-tapping away on your computer keyboard that it's okay.   


Some of the stuff that you never imagined would be so integral to making you happy in daily life like being a mommy, being a wife, being a friend would be super tough to accomplish if indeed you were a princess-fairy-ballerina.  Plus, what would have to talk about with your children, your spouse and your friends if not your dashed dreams of being a princess-fairy-ballerina.


So I am not writing amazing essays for Newsweek that will one day be collected into a book of stories.  (Miss you, Nora Ephron!) and I am good with that.  Well most of the time, I am good with that and when I am not...I have this blog.


I am also good with spending time dreaming big ideas and discussing them with friends and family.  In fact, I don't see it as not following your dreams, I see it more as an ever evolving set of dreams.


I am so very lucky that I get to live this life.


Love,
Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

525,600 minutes...How do you measure....

Happy Re-Birthday

If I write only once each quarter, does it count as a blog?