A little bit deeper than "best wishes"

 


Dear Avery,

Today you leave for your gap year in Israel.  Here is a copy of the note that I wrote for you to read on the plane.

_______________________________________________

No matter how much you grow up, no matter how far away you travel, I will always feel the magnetic pull toward you - In every lifetime, and every alternate universe, I got you; I am always here to lift you up.

Treat this year as the gift that it is. You have the opportunity to try out new facets of yourself. You get to be bold. You get to laugh and cry, to love hard, to grow and develop in the fine human that already exists on the inside - it's who you were always meant to be. Be a sister to your new friends right next to you and to your old friends who are far away. Be a boss lady, be introspective. Feel G-d all around you. Get outside of your head and don't overthink too much.

And please always know that whatever choices you make (I hope they are good choices), even if you choose wrong, that there will always be another choice next time.

You are my heart. You are my heart. You are my heart.

Love,

Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When grown up girls need their mamas

Dancin' Queen

Short and sweet